Dear Big B Files Readers,
Please mark on your calendar the day to start this Novena, Jan 11th. Our prayers are desperately needed. If you are opposed to abortion then there is bad news on the horizon. I know that most of you are aware. For those of you who do not know, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is set to be signed if congress passes iton January 21-22 of2009. The FOCA is the next sick chapter in the book of abortion. If made a law then all limitations on abortion will be lifted which will result in the following:
- All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals will be required to perform abortions upon request. If this happens Bishops vow to close down all Catholic hospitals, more then 30% of all hospitals in the United States. (We can only imagine what kind of repercussions this will have on our Church.)
- Partial birth abortions would be legal and have no limitations.
- All U.S. tax payers would be funding abortions.
- Parental notification will no longer be required.
- The number of abortions will increase by a minimum of 100,000 annually.
Perhaps most importantly, the government will now have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, Down Syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children women are allowed to have
Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the needless killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this horrific act before it becomes a law.
The Plan: To say a novena (9 days of prayer) along with fasting starting on January 11th. For Catholics, the prayer of choice will be the Rosary with intentions to stop the FOCA. For non-Catholics I encourage you to ptay your strongest prayers with the same intentions, also for nine consecutive days. The hope is that this will branch and blossom as to become a global effort with maximum impact. We have very little time so we all must act fast. Just do three things:
- Pass this letter to 5 or more people.
- Do it in three days or less.
- Start the novena on January 11th and pray for nine consecutive days.
Remember that with God all things are possible and the power of prayer is undeniable. If you are against the senseless killing of defenseless children then the time is now to do something about it! Please also fast for at least two days during the novena.
May God bless you all !!
“If you pray well, you will live well, if you live well, you will die well; and if you die well, all will be well.”
– St. Augustine
“We cannot fight credibly against other social and moral evils, including poverty and violence, while we tolerate mass killings by abortion.”
– Mother Teresa of Calcutta